2014: The Year in Review
|photo by djayo via http://www.freeimages.com/|
2014 is almost over. That is just mind-blowing to me!!! Well, in honor of the ushering in of a new year, I thought I'd share what I accomplished this year. Here goes!
1. Published 5 books, including my first stand-alone nonfiction title:
- Been So Long III (Whatever It Takes) Jan 27, 2014
- Locked out of Heaven (Tomeka's Story -- A Bluesday Continuation) Jul 25, 2014
- If (Wasif's Story) A Been So Long Prequel Sept 19, 2014
- Better (Your Love Is King Book 2) Oct 22, 2014
- Seven Days of Change: A Flash Devotional Dec 1, 2014
3. Published 2 books without any prior promo but have decided that since I'm not Beyoncé, that was not a good idea for me. Catching readers off-guard at the end of the month after they'd already spent their book dollars = lower sales than anticipated. The positive was that there was no pressure to meet a set release date, but I'd rather have the sales.
4. Enrolled 2 books in KDP Select to decent, but not spectacular, results. Not sure if I'll be enrolling any more books in the program.
5. When You've Been Blessed (Feels Like Heaven) hit number one during a free promo!!
6. Consigned my books with a local book store, We'll see how it goes :)
7. Was nominated for several Reading Warrior Awards by the BRAB (Building Relationships Around Books) Book Club!!!
8. Conducted a self-publishing workshop at my local library.
9. Was featured in the largest newspaper in my state as well as my hometown newspaper.
10. Was chosen to participate in my state's literary festival (in 2015).
What did you accomplish this year? Comment below and share your news!!