Sunday, September 11, 2016

A #BeenSoLong #Interview with Dr. Wasif Masood

Today I'm interviewing Dr. Wasif Masood from the Been So Long Series in anticipation of the release of Been So Long 4. 

CLICK HERE to pre-order it today!!!!

***This interview contains spoilers for those who have not read the other books in the series***





Wasif enters the room with a smile and shakes my hand before settling in his seat. He is tall, thin and strikingly handsome with a neatly-trimmed beard and clad in slacks and an oxford shirt.

Me: Wasif, thanks so much for joining us. How are you?

Wasif: (nods slightly) My pleasure. And I'm great. You?

Me: I'm doing good (Especially with you sitting in front of me. Whew!) well, let's get right to it, shall we?

Wasif: Sure.

Me: The number one question from readers is: When are you going to let Mona go?

Wasif: Well, I have a question for them.

Me: Okay?

Wasif: I'd like to know if they've ever been in love and if so, how easy would it be for them to let it go?

Me: That's a good question. So, you still love her?

Wasif: I don't think you can stop loving someone if you really and truly love them, so yes.

Me: On behalf of reader Shan Mahogany, what's the appeal? In other words, why do you love her?




Wasif: Because being with her makes me happy.

Me: All right, I see.

Wasif: I know you don't get it, but there's a bond between us. A connection I really can't explain myself.

Me: Okay... well, here's the next burning question from readers. A lot of the ladies would like to date you. Are you on the market, so to speak, since you still have feelings for Mona-Lisa?

Wasif: (Flashes me a smile)

Me: You get this a lot, huh?

Wasif: (Chuckles) Um... I do. Just let the ladies know nothing is impossible. I enjoy a good date from time to time.

Me: They'll be glad to hear that. So, reader Sharyn Gray wants to know what made you want to lead a double life?

Wasif: (Furrows his brow) Double life?

Me: I think she's referring to you continuing your relationship with Mona during your marriage.

Wasif: (Lifts brows)  Oh? Well... It wasn't a conscious decision. I loved her and needed her. I-uh-couldn't let her go.

Me: I see. What about your wife?

Wasif: Ex-wife.

Me: I'm sorry, ex-wife. Did you consider her feelings?

Wasif: (Frowns) Of course I did. I never threw anything in her face. I respected her.

Me: Do you think you respected Mona?

Wasif: I have always given her the utmost respect! What is this, anyway? An interview or an interrogation? (He has raised his voice and is visibly angry.)

Me: I'm sorry if I've upset you. I'm simply trying to understand. And I'm trying to help the readers understand.

Wasif: Can we move on?

Me: Sure. Ms. Mahogany asks: Did you get engaged to Ann just to make Mona jealous?

Wasif: (Eyes widen) What? No, I genuinely cared about her and wanted things to work out.

Me: But they didn't?

Wasif: No, unfortunately. She's moved on. I'm happy for her.

Me: Good. Another question from Ms. Mahogany--

Wasif: She asks a lot of questions.

Me: (I chuckle) Yes, she does. This time she wants to know how your relationship with your parents is, specifically your father?

Wasif: Things could be better with my father. My mother and I are as close as we can be,

Me: How are your kids?

Wasif: They're good, great. Look, I didn't mean to raise my voice earlier, but it felt like I was being made out to be the bad guy or something. I'm not. You can't choose who you love. I made the best of a bad situation. I didn't run from my responsibilities.

Me: What about Corey?

Wasif: (Straightens in his chair) What about him?

Me: Do you think you've treated him fairly?

Wasif: What is that supposed to mean? He shouldn't even be in our lives. He took Mona from me, I--(shakes his head) this is not what I came here for. We're supposed to be talking about Been So Long 4.

Me: Um... Okay, what do you want to tell the readers about Been So Long 4.

Wasif: (Looking a bit defeated) Read it. Just... Read it.


Get caught up with the series before part 4 drops!!
Amazon: http://amazon.com/author/adriennethompson
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/adrienne-thompson


Order of the Been So Long Series:
Rapture
If
Been So Long
Little Sister
Been So Long 2
Been So Long III
September

No comments:

Post a Comment