Wednesday, July 26, 2017

#WriterWednesday with Author Lori Titus

Today's featured author for Writer Wednesday is Lori Titus. Let's get to know her and her books!!






AT: Where do you live? What’s your town’s claim to fame?
LT: I am from Los Angeles, but I moved to a small town in Central California a few years ago. It’s a suburb, a community known for the oil industry and agriculture.

AT: Cool! What genre do you write?
LT: I wrote horror and paranormal mostly, though I am dipping into sci-fi/fantasy with one of my works in progress. I am sure that I will try out some other genres, but my work will always have some paranormal or horror element. 

AT: I'm a fan of paranormal and of your work. I'm sure you'll conquer whatever genre you choose to tackle. Please let my blog readers know if you are a published author or aspiring to be published. If published, how many books are out there with your name on them?
LT: Yes, I am published. I have five novels and four novellas published under my name. I started working as a ghostwriter a few years ago, so I probably have closer to twenty titles under various names floating about with my DNA in them. 

AT: Wow! What inspires you to write?
LT: I am inspired by so many things. Mostly the kind of thoughts you get a moment before drifting to sleep. Sometimes it’s things on television, people I know, snippets of things I hear in the news. It all depends on what’s going on around me. I think writers in general have a knack for turning just about anything into inspiration. 

AT: I agree! Name one book you wish you’d written.
LT: Laini Taylor’s Daughter of Smoke and Bone. I read that book several years ago and it still sticks with me. It’s beautiful and awful at once. And the love story in that book? Absolutely incredibly well done. 

AT: What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
LT: I just finished reading Shonda Rhimes’ memoir. Everyone already knows she’s an awesome writer.  I’m impressed at how she can captivate the reader from beginning to end. You won’t be disappointed at all.

AT: I actually own that book. Gotta move it up my TBR now, lol.  Who is your favorite author? Why?
LT: My favorite? That’s a hard one! I can point to a lot of authors who were transformative. Koontz, King, Rice. Of course just about every writer I know mentions Poe and Shirley Jackson. Tananarive Due. Octavia Butler. And I keep trying to read and find new people that stir me up.

AT: Nice list! Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
LT: Hmmm. Raspberry Sangria. It would be the exact red-purple color of this iced fruit drink I get from the coffee shop. It is scrumptious!

AT: Sounds yummy...and pretty, lol. What would your autobiography be called?
LT: Many years ago, someone wrote me a letter titled “The Awful, Miserable State of Being Titus.”  That is too good to pass up. 

AT: Man, sounds intriguing. Do you believe in love at first sight?
LT: Yes, I do. I have fallen in love at first sight at least twice. I’m hoping the third time is the one that sticks! 

AT: I love it! If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes)
LT: Here’s where it gets difficult because I am not sure if I want things that are personal or things that will touch other’s lives. It would be beautiful to live in a world where no one was hungry or without a home. If I could get those two wishes I would probably not worry about a third wish, since those two are a lot for even the best genie. Plus, I’m not sure I trust genies…how do I know there won’t be some kind of horrific spin on whatever wish they grant me?

AT: Ha! True! Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why.
LT: I am Spring and Fall. I love when it is warm or cool enough to enjoy the outdoors. I’m not a fan of summer (it’s usually well above one hundred degrees where I live) or winter (which usually lands here suddenly and is long and far too cold). 

AT: Tea or coffee?
LT: I love my coffee. But I love tea too. Coffee is usually my morning drink but in the afternoon I switch to herbal tea. I’ve always got at least four different kinds in my cupboard.

AT: You don't play about your beverages, huh? Tell us about your most recent/current project. 
LT: My latest novel is Blood Relations, a story about a religious cult. We follow the lives of several apostates to the group. The Congregate stalk their former members, and in some cases they do violent things. It’s a horror tale, and it’s very much about the consequences of giving over power to other people. The power of the group lies in their Hive Mind, and the ability to follow and abuse those who don’t follow orders.  






This December, I have a book that will be featured in a box set along with a group of other paranormal authors called Sigils and Spells. I will have details about the pre-order date soon. 

AT: How can readers connect with you?
LT:
I am on Twitter and Instagram as @Loribeth215 
You can find me on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/lori.titus
Readers can follow my blog, The Darkest of Lore, at   https://Loribeth215.wordpress.com 
I also write articles for a horror site called Gruemonkey:  www.gruemonkey.com

AT: Any final words?
LT: Thank you so much for interviewing me. 

AT: My pleasure!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome interview. Good looking site! Congrats Adrienne ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great conversation! I have Blood Relations in my TBR mountain. Hope to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete