Wednesday, September 13, 2017

#WriterWednesday with Author EA Cook

This week's #WriterWednesday interview is with the very interesting EA Cook. Check him out!!





AT: Where do you live? What’s your town’s claim to fame?
EAC: Fort Collins, Colorado.
The Overland Trail runs along the West side of town at the base of the foothills of the Rockies. This was a major route during the western migration of the 19th century. Stage stops can still be found along the way

AT: Oh, wow! What genre do you write?
EAC: I’m a storyteller and my subjects are people, so, it gets messy. I’ve written a Western novel that is, intentionally, a crime fiction ancestor story that precedes the characters in my contemporary books. Another crime fiction story, Rusk, takes place in 1917 and so is historical fiction. I’ve also put together a collection of what I call Autobiographical Snapshots. I truly do write all over the map.

AT: Lol, so do I. I think that's common among true storytellers. Are you a published author or aspiring to be published? If published, how many books are out there with your name on them?
EAC: I’ve had a number of flash fiction pieces and short stories published in a few e-zines and in a pulp fiction paper magazine. I’ve self- published three books, a short story, and my autobiographical stuff.

AT: What inspires you to write?
EAC: I’m not a writer framing stories or books, but rather a storyteller trying to write it down for you. I have tales to tell if you’ll read them. Also, I have an unreasonable and insatiable need for the approval of strangers.

AT: Don't I know the feeling! Name one book you wish you’d written.
EAC: Treasure Island. It would have been darker.

AT: Oh, my...a more adult version, eh? What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
EAC: Full Dark, No Stars – Stephen King.
Top notch. King’s best work is in his shorter writings.

AT: Definitely putting that one on my list...maybe. Who is your favorite author?
EAC: ...nope. I couldn’t begin to go down that rabbit hole.

AT: Lol!!!! Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
EAC: CrΓ¨me Brule’ Tan.
If one could capture that color of the crispy caramelization then they deserve a color. 

AT: Oh, that would be niiiice! What would your autobiography be called?
EAC: Faces, Places, and Pain.



AT: Sounds intriguing! Do you believe in love at first sight?
EAC: An unexplainable instant chemistry at least. 

AT: I can agree with that. If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes)
EAC: 
1. Life is hard enough and too short not to not know without a shadow of a doubt that God exists, so one wish is that he would speak audibly to me. It’s really the only decent thing to do considering the hours and years that I’ve spent talking to Him audibly. Until then, we’re estranged.
2. That I would be able to feed myself and wipe my own butt until the day that I die.
3. I want to control the time and place when I hear the word no.

AT: I believe there are many people who can identify with those wishes. Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why.
EAC: All of the seasons here in Colorado are easy and they each have their charm, but I get grumpy above 85 degrees.

AT: So do I, lol. Tea or coffee?
EAC: Coffee

AT: Tell us about your most recent/current project.
EAC: My newest novella – Further, went live at the end of May!

Go go go and get this book!!! It grabs you tight and never lets go...I couldn't put it down....brilliant!!!!🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
-Michelle Cappel


Purchase Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071ZJ8ZF4?ref_=k4w_oembed_98HVMRNnNO80O3&tag=kpembed-20&linkCode=kpd


AT: How can readers connect with you?
EAC: www.eacookwrites.com

AT: Any final words?
EAC: Whenever I tell a story I want the reader to be swept away, intrigued. To feel the exhilaration that the protagonist does, to be able to smell and taste the darkness, or to feel the concrete in the back alleys or the wind blowing along forested trail. It’s my hope that the reader had a good ride.

Some folks miss the adventures in this short life and others will die rode hard and put away wet with a smile on their face. I’m writing for both and I hope your experience is like a 14-year-old boy seeing Jeremiah Johnson for the first time.

AT: Love it!

1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant. I completely enjoyed catching a glimpse of how EA views the world and life. Beautifully captured. He's become a favorite writer of mine. Absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete