Friday, May 22, 2015

Author Interview: Amarie Avant (The Fear Series)






Tell us about yourself.
Though I’m ironically afraid of scary movies, my books veer toward the darker side of romance and love. ‘Happily Ever After’ has always been a hard pill to swallow since my day-to-day clients deal with depression all the way to suicidal tendencies. I write to separate myself from reality and I enjoy creating character’s who are fully developed.

My favorite pastime besides writing a good story is being nosy. To me, ‘the life’ is just sitting back and watching. Then of course, I must know what moves their actions. I’m all about the “why’s” of life, having a B.A. in psychology (and Child Development), and a Masters in Counseling. Oh, and just a bit more about me, I love coupon shopping at high-end department stores, TV shows, and movies. And I’m dyslexic.

What has been your greatest reward in writing this book?
Simple. Learning about me. There’s nothing better than learning that I can finish something I’ve started. Writing a book is time consuming and knowing when to “chuck it out in to the world” for others to enjoy is just as hard.

Author Amarie Avant


What inspired your series, Fear: Falling in Love with an Alpha Billionaire?
Well, I thought it would be just one book, but here I go falling in love with the characters. It may be the dyslexia in me but I’ve learned to live with complex creativity.

Tell us about your main character.
I have two main characters. My alpha male, Victor D’Ross, Duke of Arlington. Six foot even, hypnotic, icy blue eyes and a British accent to boot. Victor is rigid in his ways. He is royalty so of course he has an aura about him that commands attention. But you must read the story to learn more about Victor because he first presents as very aloof.

My doll, Luxury Whitson is a sweetheart. She’s 4 foot 11 and owns a florist shop in Brooklyn, NY. On the outside, she is easily persuaded having dealt with the heartbreak of losing her mother, her closest friend. When she meets Victor it's life changing and so very dangerous.

What are you currently working on?
I’m working on Fear III the finale. This series will have elevated across the three books. The drama and tension have begun to climax, now it’s time for a thrilling ending. In addition, I’m attempting my first ‘straight’ romance, meaning I endeavor toward not being placed into the box of only being able to write romantic-suspense.

Now, please check out my books, I’ve put my all into everything from the stories to the book covers. Find me Amazon  Goodreads  Facebook  Twitter ,feel free to strike up a conversation. And for the love of all things holy, I strive off of knowing your thoughts of my work.




Book Blurbs:

FEAR I

22 year old Luxury Whitson is a romantic at heart. Yet this florist only grasp at love is listening to a customer's sentimental story while he purchases a beautiful bouquet of roses for a significant other. When Lux crosses paths with Victor, his presence commands her attention. From a tailor-made suit that drapes over 6 feet of muscles to aqua blue eyes that hold her siege, Lux falls fast. Victor exudes sex, and a plethora of other emotions. The most intense one being... fear.

Victor has a strict policy: work now, play later. With a sharp and twisted mind for murder, this billionaire doubles as a hitman. Victor always takes assassinations seriously until meeting Luxury, the daughter of his next mark. Now he has a new challenge. Tame Luxury and keep the Whitsons' alive....




FEAR II

Luxury's sole desire is to love Victor, a man that cannot love her. She once feared him. Mysterious and dark, Victor's cerulean eyes hypnotized Luxury's mind and commanded the drumming of her heart. The Duke has claimed her. Victor will keep Luxury against The Queen's order.
As the palace echoes with footsteps, the English dare to whisper the horrible truths. Suspense crescendos along with intoxicating sex.

The beast has made it clear who Luxury belongs to and how much of him he will allow: Money. Sex. Nothing more.

The stakes are high. Now fear... love.




No comments:

Post a Comment