Wednesday, August 30, 2017

#WriterWednesday with Author Shan Mahogany

Today's #WriterWednesaday interview is with poet and author, Shan Mahogany. Let's see what she has to share with us!


Shan Mahogany



AT: Where do you live? What’s your town’s claim to fame?
SM: I currently reside in Tampa, FL – aka the city of the Apostolics!

AT: What genre do you write?
SM: Poetry, Christian Fiction

AT: Nice...Are you a published author or aspiring to be published? If published, how many books are out there with your name on them?
SM: I’m published and currently there are 3 books with my name on them.

AT: What inspires you to write?
SM: Just my desire to vent without restraint.

AT: Name one book you wish you’d written.
SM: The book of Psalm

AT: What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
SM: I don’t recall. Sadly, I haven’t read anything in a while. I’m looking for books to read though, I miss that past time!

AT: It's truly a wonderful pastime. Who is your favorite author? Why?
SM: That’s like asking me what’s my favorite song. I don’t have a favorite really. I appreciate all writers who have something to say and can spark a will in me to move forward. But if I had to list a few I’d say, A.W. Myrie because of her ability to connect with the entire family unit, DINA because the risk she takes in her writing, Adrienne Thompson because of her vast knowledge of everything and Lashanda Michelle because of the authentic capturing of human nature in her books.

AT: Wow! I'm honored to be on your list! Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
SM: That’s easy – Mahogany, because it’s rich in personality and bold and confident in appearance!😊

AT: All right, now! What would your autobiography be called?
SM: Funny you should ask that, I have written my autobiography already and it’s called Chasing Love: The Story of My Life.  Check it out!😊


Image result for chasing love shan mahogany


AT: It's on my TBR list! Do you believe in love at first sight?
SM: Yes, I believe it is possible, because anything is possible.

AT: So true! If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes)
SM: To be financially secure, meet and marry my future husband and bare the perfect pair of twins (boy & girl!)

AT: Awwwww! Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why.
SM: Fall – I’ve always loved that time of the year. It always feels laid back, peaceful, easy, breezy and beautiful all around.

AT: I agree and plus it brings back football! Tea or coffee?
SM: Lately, lots and lots of coffee!

AT: Okay, so definitely coffee, lol. Tell us about your most recent/current project.
SM: I’ve been working on a lot of in-house ministerial projects, such as request for poems to suit certain occasions. But aside from that, I’m endeavoring to participate in a poetry book compilation called, Unraveling the Layers: Memoirs of a Wounded Soul, that is expected to be released on July 28th. And, I’ve also decided to participate in a spoken word competition, that when won, I will have the chance to represent my city and open the show for some famous spoken word artist. Does the name Jackie Perry and Ezekiel ring a bell? It’s the Poets in Autumn tour!

AT: Sounds exciting! How can readers connect with you?
SM: Currently I’m on Facebook under Shan Mahogany and Instagram as apostylicpoet. I would love to connect with other poets and writers.

AT: Any final words?
SM: Special thanks to Author Extraordinaire Adrienne Thompson, for this wonderful opportunity to be a guest spot on her blog. She continues to be an inspiration and resource to us all. Thank you! Thank you! And, God’s blessing to all.

AT: You are ore than welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment