Wednesday, December 13, 2017

#WriterWednesday with Author Racquel Brown Gaston

Today I'm interviewing Author Racquel Brown Gaston! Read on!



AT: Where do you live? What’s your town’s claim to fame?
RBG: I currently live in Accokeek, MD moving from New York City. I am from Falmouth, Trelawny, Jamaica, W.I. My town's claim to fame is Usain Bolt, Veronica Campbell and many other track and field Olympians who came from Trelawny.

AT: All right, now! What genre do you write?
RBG: I write crime suspense thriller and/or urban fiction

AT: Love me a good suspense thriller! Are you a published author or aspiring to be published? If published, how many books are out there with your name on them?
RBG: I am a published author with one book-Deadly Instincts


AT: What inspires you to write?
RBG: Writing saved my life when suicide plagued my mind at 14. It was and is my escape from everyday reality. It is also knowing that my voice will shed light to someone whose life will then be transformed positively.

AT: That's beautiful! Name one book you wish you’d written.
RBG: The Alchemist

AT: Great choice! A favorite of many people. What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
RBG: Americana by Chimamanda Ngozi. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

AT: Who is your favorite author? Why?
RBG: Robert Ludlum because he is one of the masters of crime suspense thrillers and description.

AT: Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
RBG: Aquamarine. I am a water sign so I find aqua to be tranquil. The color is light and airy, playful and inviting, gives a warm feeling and very pretty.

AT: I love that color, too! What would your autobiography be called?
RBG: The Life Journey of Racquel Brown Gaston

AT: Nice! Do you believe in love at first sight?
RBG: Yes

AT: If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes)
RBG: 1. That my son will never fall prey to a criminal system, the victim of a crime, or the other end of a bullet fired by a police officer
2. God would allow the universe to bend to my will so I can use my talents to transform countless of lives, household and communities globally,   especially in increasing social mobility for the marginalized.
3. That human beings could simply love each other and be introduced to a power unimaginable as God is love.

AT: Wonderful wishes! Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why.
RBG: I am fall. The fashion. The cool weather.  The slowing down of the pace. The beauty that arises, even in death as depicted in the fallen leaves. Their striking colors say I can smile when my world is about to get dark for longer, because it won't be long before I spring again, this time for longer days.

AT: Beautiful! Tea or coffee?
RBG: Tea.

AT: Tell us about your most recent/current project.
RBG: I am working with an A list screenwriter for the film adaptation of my novel, Deadly Instincts. I am also writing a memoir for another as a ghost writer. I remain busy rendering motivational speeches (e.g. from commencement speeches to addressing incoming college class and everything in between).

AT: Wow! How can readers connect with you?
RBG: website: www.racquelbrowngaston.com;
facebook: racquelbrowngastontheauthor;
Instagram: rbg.theauthor
Twitter: rbgaston1

AT: Any final words?
RBG: Do not get lost in the everyday distractions of life; they would have been successful in their job. Find the purpose for your existence and serve it. One more thing-thank you.

AT: You are more than welcome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment