Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sample Sunday #1 - Ain't Nobody

Please enjoy this short sample from Ain't Nobody. Now available for preorder at amazon.com. Price increases after Jan. 27, 2015.






Prologue


Sometimes a woman’s just had enough. No matter how she may feel about a man. No matter how much she loves him and wants to be with him, there’s always that one, teeny tiny little straw—the last straw.  It usually pops up after she’s done all she can humanly possibly do to make things work. She’s cooked for him, cleaned for him, praised him, had sex with him, ignored his annoying ways, and yet, she still finds herself holding the short end of the stick. 

As I sat there on the side of Quincy’s bed, the last straw flew in through the bedroom window and landed right on my camel’s back. Quincy, my fiancĂ© and the love of my life, was in the shower whistling. He was whistling like he didn’t have a care in the world. He was whistling like I wasn’t thirty-seven and kicking the hell out of forty. He was whistling like I wasn’t unmarried and childless. Like we hadn’t been engaged for five years.  Five years. He was whistling like he hadn’t refused to set a wedding date. Like my biological clock wasn’t ticking as loud as a time bomb.

I’d been with Quincy Wright for eight years. I’d been his lover and friend. I’d bent over backwards, neglected my own needs, and done all I could do to be a good woman. I wanted a husband and I wanted children and he knew it. We’d discussed it at length. And what was his response? His black behind was in the shower whistling. That was it and whether he knew it or not, it was over. O-V-E-R.

____________________________________________


CLICK HERE to preorder your Kindle copy today!!


1 comment: