Friday, October 9, 2015

My Definition of a Good #Book

Photo from morguefile.com



  • The title must catch my eye. It needs to be creative in some way shape or form.
  • I love a beautiful cover, but a thought-provoking cover is even better. I like a cover that’s different from the norm and stands out.
  • The story needs to grab me quickly, put me in a strangle-hold, and not let go.
  • It should flow so seamlessly that it’s almost as if the book is reading itself to me.
  • I love to learn new words, but not every other sentence. I don’t want to feel like I’m reading a graduate school assignment.
  • I shouldn’t have to “figure out” what the author is trying to say. It should be clear and evident.
  • I don’t like fluff. Give me the story instead of unnecessary information.
  • I need resolution of some sort by the end of the story. Not everything has to be resolved, but something should be.
  • Most of all, it needs to make sense!


What's your definition of a good book? Please share in the comments below!

Until later... be blessed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment