Wednesday, October 21, 2015

#Book Tour - Tempted to Touch

Please welcome my blog guest for today, Nigeria Lockley!!!



Thank you, Adrienne for letting me stop by and share my upcoming release, Tempted to Touch, which drops October 27, 2015 with your readers.  Tempted to Touch is very special to me for three reasons: 

1. I wrote Tempted to Touch while my own marriage was experiencing some difficulties.
2. Tempted to Touch is the very first book published by Inheritance Books, my independent publishing company. I still can’t believe I’m a business owner!!!
3. For the first time ever I used a first person narrator. It was a struggle, but I challenged myself and now I have a book.



Synopsis

Kira Seagram is frustrated by her husband Mason’s zeal for the Lord, so she pours all of her attention into her work and reserves her soprano singing skills for the shower. Kira would rather not use them if she get can’t the adoration and recognition she feels she deserves and doubts she’ll find singing lead for Mason’s choir. When a routine drop off at her son, Nate’s private school turns into a ten-year reunion with her ex-boyfriend, Quincy McAdams, Kira isn’t interested in Mason's half-hearted affection or willing to keep her voice to herself. With a firm offer from Quincy to help Kira cut a demo and possibly revive the love they let die, Kira has some choices to make.

When Kira finds herself tempted to touch will she remain faithful to her husband or yield to the desires of her flesh?


Excerpt

Preparation for my day officially began when I entered Harvey’s House of Java, which was just a few feet away from Nate’s school. After securing a thirty-two ounce cup of coffee I pushed Nate towards the exit. We moved in such a flurry there was no time for me to brace myself for a collision with another parent during the morning Manhattan shuffle. The Manhattan shuffle was what I had dubbed the mad dash from the subway into the school and out the door followed by a nod and wave at the principal, then you hurtle back through the door desperately trying to avoid the president of the PTA who was trying to corner you for your signature, a donation, or cupcakes.
I shook my head and refocused my eyes on the hand that once safely cradled my cup of Joe, which was now dripping from my fingertips and rolling up the sleeve of my trench coat.
“Are you okay, Ma?” Nate inquired, looking up at me.
“I’m sorry, Kira,” a familiar voice said with his head bent in my direction and his hand full of tissues extended towards me.
“Ma, are you okay?” Nate asked again tugging on the strap of my suede tan hobo. No, I’m stuck on stupid. Thankfully that didn’t come out of my mouth. I replied with a strong and soothing, “Yes. Hun, I’m fine,” before snatching the napkins from the palm of Quincy McAdams.
“Thank you, Quincy.” I dabbed at my arm and Nate pulled on my purse string again.
“Uh…who is this?” Nate asked doing his best imitation of his father’s gruff voice.
“Nathan, this is Mr. McAdams, an old friend of mine,” I said doing my best to appear pleasant and mask the nature of our relationship.
Quincy hiked up the legs of his tailored slate grey trousers and crouched down to Nate’s height. “Nice to meet you, Nathan.” He extended a balled up fist for Nate to tap. “You know,” he drew back the sleeve of his blazer and glanced at his watch, “in about two minutes you will officially be marked late and I would hate for that to happen.”
Nate winced. “Me too.” He looked back at me. “If you’re good, Mom I’m going inside,” Nate declared, releasing my purse string and trotting towards the doors of Emblem Academy.
“Nate,” I called to him following him out the coffee shop.
Nate turned back, smiled at me, and waved. “Bye, Ma.”
Please don’t leave me alone with six feet of fineness who was, by the looks of it, a lil’ bit too delighted to have spilled my coffee. I waved back trying to see past the face in front of me. Emblem Academy was a few feet away from Joe’s House of Java, but I wasn’t worried about Nate’s safety, I was concerned about my own. I wanted to look away from his monsoon-deep eyes, but I was too dazzled to turn away. Quincy didn’t waste a moment seizing upon my apparent weakness; he inched closer as I backed away. 

“Kira, if you keep backing up you’re going to crash into another person. Stop playing.” He grabbed the underside of the sleeve on my coat pulling me in closer. “I’m not going to bite you. I just wanted to wipe the coffee off your arm before I hug you.”


Pre-order Tempted to Touch
Ebook: Amazon, Smashwords




Bio






Nigeria Lockley possesses two master's degrees, one in English secondary education, which she utilizes as an educator with the New York City Department of Education. Her second master's degree is in creative writing. Nigeria's debut novel, Born at Dawn received the 2015 Phillis Wheatley Award for First Fiction. Nigeria serves as the Vice President of Bridges Family Services, a not-for-profit organization that assists student parents interested in pursuing a degree in higher education. She is also the deaconess and clerk for her spiritual home, King of Kings and Lord of Lords Church of God. Nigeria is a New York native who resides in Harlem with her husband and two daughters.

Keep up with Nigeria
Website: www.nigerialockley.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authorNigeriaLockley
Instagram: www.instagram.com/NewNigeria
Twitter: www.twitter.com/NewNigeria
To find out more about Inheritance Books, sign up for our newsletter and receive 3 Keys to Getting Your Inheritance FREE: http://eepurl.com/bkYUAH 


1 comment: