Wednesday, August 23, 2017

#WriterWednesday with Author Denise Kelley

This week's Writer Wednesday interview is with Author Denise Kelley (DA Kelley).
Let's get to know all about her!!






AT: Where do you live? What’s your town’s claim to fame?
DK: I currently reside in Roanoke VA. My town’s claim to fame is my annual Christmas play production.

AT: What genre do you write?
DK: Urban Christian Fiction 

AT: Are you a published author or aspiring to be published? If published, how many books are out there with your name on them?
DK: Yes, I am a published author. There are three books ‘out there’ with my name. (Pen name D. A. Kelley)

AT: What inspires you to write?
DK: Writing is my God-given talent, and that is my first inspiration. I’m also inspired with the thought of being able to reach someone and help them by the message I release through my words. 

AT: Amen! Name one book you wish you’d written.
DK: The Coldest Winter Ever

AT: What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
DK: A Sinful Calling by Kimberla Lawson Roby. I’m a big fan of hers, so yes I enjoyed it.

AT: Adding that one to my list! Who is your favorite author? Why?
DK: Oh my, I have many. Vanessa Davis Griggs. I write the same genre as her. I am intrigued with her delivery and execution of a story. She delivers an encouraging, uplifting message, but along with outright good ole story telling. 

AT: Sounds like my kind of author! Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
DK: I would be a color called Chameleon. It’ll be the crayon you use when the color you really want is not included in the box. The crayon itself would be ‘clear’, but when you color with it, it’ll be whatever color you need it to be.

AT: I love that! What would your autobiography be called?
DK: There’s only ONE Denise

AT: No doubt! Do you believe in love at first sight?
DK: Yes, I believe Love at first sight is a great possibility.

AT: If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes)
DK: 1) Health and Prosperity for my family and friends
2) For my creative flow to increase and NEVER deplete
3) Joy

AT: I can definitely identify with those wishes. Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why.
DK: I am Spring. Things bloom in the spring. The earth comes to life with color. 

AT: Tea or coffee?
DK: Coffee with my sugar :)

AT: Tell us about your most recent/current project.
DK: I have a project entitled: Even When it Hurts: Seventy Times Seven
Snippet:
I had already started the ball rolling with one of my schemes. I didn’t have it all figured out yet, but I would feel my way through it and see how it plays out. I didn’t want to do things to hurt Claude, but I grew angrier and angrier with each passing day because we weren’t together. So yeah, I knew he wasn’t coming back to work today or tomorrow for that matter. I hated how he pushed me to do crazy things, but it would all be worth it in the end. He would learn to love me or I’d make him regret it.



Purchase link: https://www.amazon.com/Even-When-Hurts-Seventy-Times/dp/1534939393

AT: Oh, wow! How can readers connect with you (share website and any social media links)
DK:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/mzdakeley
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msdkelley
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mzdakelley

AT: Any final words?
DK: GOD has gifted us all with a talent. Find your God-given gift and walk out your destiny.

AT: Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment