Wednesday, August 16, 2017

#WriterWednesday with Author KR Bankston

Today's author interview is with KR Bankston. Scroll down and get acquainted with her and her work!!!




AT: Where do you live? What’s your town’s claim to fame? 
KRB: I live in Jonesboro GA, originally from Tallahassee FL. Honestly I am not sure what Jonesboro’s claim to fame is, but I do know that Tallahassee is home to a great HBCU, Florida A&M University and its world famous band.

AT: What genre do you write? 
KRB: I honestly do not like to confine myself by genre. I write the story that wants to be told. I have written erotica, criminal romance, contemporary romance, horror. 

AT: You're not one to be confined to boxes, I see, a true artist. Are you a published author or aspiring to be published? If published, how many books are out there with your name on them? 
KRB: I am a published author with over 30+ titles to my credit.





AT: Wow!! What inspires you to write? 
KRB: My inspiration comes from life. I have always written in some form for as long as I can recall. Sometimes as therapy through the bad, others to share in the good, and everything in between. My imagination is a wonderful gift from the Divine Creator so I never try and stymie it.

AT: We definitely share in that sentiment. Name one book you wish you’d written. 
KRB: I cannot really say. I mean if you are referring to something on the market already, even then I cannot say. I am a firm believer that everything to be written by me, will be inspired and I will write it.

AT: What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it? 
KRB: The last book I was afforded the opportunity to read was entitled, I’ll Be Damned, which is an autobiography of Eric Braeden of Y&R fame. It was a wonderful read. It was very enlightening and entertaining. I am glad I took the time to check it out.

AT: I love memoirs. Gotta check that on out! Who is your favorite author? Why? 
KRB: My favorite Authors are VC Andrews, and E. Lynn Harris. I love them both for the same reasons. They were masters of the serials. They could draw you in so deeply and passionately to the stories that you felt incomplete not reading all of them. I loved their use of language, expression, and description when writing.

AT: Love me some E. Lynn Harris! Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why? 
KRB: Caramel Cayenne. Smooth and creamy on the outside, hot and fiery on the inside. Lol. I am very laid back person, pretty live and let live type, but if you push the right button, it will get very hot, very fast.

AT: Okay, we've been warned. LOL. What would your autobiography be called? 
KRB: I see this question asked often, and honestly I don’t know. Maybe something very simple as “And I Still Ain’t Scared of the Mountains Left to Climb”

AT: Sounds good! Do you believe in love at first sight? 
KRB: Yes! Now I can see anyone who thinks they know me laughing, but those who truly do will understand the answer. I am not the mushy romantic type, but hell yes I believe in love. Truly, madly, deeply!

AT: If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes) 
KRB: Health, Wealth (different than riches), Breaking of every Generational curse over my bloodline.

AT: Love it! Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why. 
KRB: I’m a spring, summer, early fall type person. I love warmth, I love new life, I love watching the colors in nature change. 

AT: Tea or coffee? 
KRB: Tea (by default). I still love the smell of coffee but had to break the habit a few years back.

AT: Tell us about your most recent/current project.
KRB: I am working on a novel which steps away from some of the things my avid readers normally associate with a KR Bankston novel, but trust it will be great! Lol. I will only say small town, greed, arrogance, power, and progress,  in regard to the content of the story.

AT: Definitely sounds like the makings of a good story to me! How can readers connect with you.
KRB: I can be reached on my website, www.krbankstononline.com (contact), Twitter - http://twitter.com/KRBankston 

AT: Any final words? 
KRB: Thank you so much for allowing me this opportunity to connect and reach out to new readers. I would love to invite you all to give me the opportunity to woo you. Download the free novella from my website and enter the world of KR Bankston novels. Thank you to those who have supported the movement to this point. I appreciate you and I look forward to many more book adventures before we call this journey over. Lastly, please if you have not, Register and VOTE! Our voices are so important at this juncture in our country’s history. Not just national elections either, please vote in every election you can. Local elections are important!!

AT: Thanks for your words of wisdom, KR. It was wonderful getting to know you!

No comments:

Post a Comment