Wednesday, October 11, 2017

#WriterWednesday with Author Michelle Mitchell

For today's #WriterWednesday interview, let's get to know Author Michelle Mitchell!!




AT: Where do you live? What’s your town’s claim to fame?
MM: I’m from Kennesaw, Georgia, but I live in Marietta. One of the things Marietta is known for is the “Original Big Chicken”. The KFC still has the big, red chicken on top of its building. Kennesaw is probably best known for Kennestone Mountain and now Kennesaw State University.

AT: Okay, cool! What genre do you write?
MM: Contemporary fiction. I’m interested in writing mystery as well. I hope to dabble in that soon.

AT: I love a good mystery! Are you a published author or aspiring to be published? If published, how many books are out there with your name on them?
MM: I currently have 3 books total. Two of those published books are anthologies that I contributed to alongside some amazing authors, you being one of them :). Those anthologies are The Ex Chronicles and Single Mama Dating Drama, both were released by Brown Girls Books. Then I have my debut novel, Truth Is… which I self-published. I’m currently working on my second novel and a Christmas novella.


CLICK HERE to purchase Truth Is


AT: Yes, I so enjoyed working on the Ex Chronicles with you and the other ladies who contributed to it! What inspires you to write?
MM: I get inspired from real life situations that I hear on the news, and especially the people that call into the radio stations. There’s always a story line there. I’ve always had an over-the-top imagination as well, so things come to me based on phrases I hear in conversation or just anything that comes to mind.





AT: Sounds familiar, lol. Name one book you wish you’d written.
MM: That’s a good question. The first thing that came to mind was characters more so than the story. I loved the stories, but it was those characters that really brought it to life and made me LOVE IT.  I would love to have crafted Curtis Black (Curtis Black Series - Kimberla Lawson Roby), Jessie Belle (Jezebel – Jacquelin Thomas), or Winter (Coldest Winter Ever – Sistah Souljah). Those characters were so real, and you knew those people…they were memorable.

AT: Yes, "real" characters make for an excellent read! What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
MM: All that Glitters by Sherron Elise and it was very good. She brought the reader into the story. I could visualize every scene and every character. Each character was unique and had a voice. 

AT: Who is your favorite author? Why?
MM: Kimberla Lawson Roby because the stories stay with you and while I haven’t gotten to meet her personally, to see the love her fans have for her and the way she spreads that love back—I admire her. 

AT: Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
MM: Peach Lemon Drop Martini. I’m a sweet Georgia Peach, and like I’m a martini—I can be super chill and I can make you giggle.

AT: Man, that color sounds delicious! I mean, pretty, lol. What would your autobiography be called?
MM: Laughing through the Fall

AT: Love it! Do you believe in love at first sight?
MM: I think it’s possible. I fall in love with every brownie that I see at first sight, and first bite.

AT: Lol!!! If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes)
MM: (1) A cure for cancer. I’ve lost family and friends to it, and the number of cases with friends/family showing signs increases. (2) Flights are always less than $100 roundtrip. I want to travel more. (3) To have colleges be free. I hate paying on this loan. They need to implement that opportunity everywhere ASAP.

AT: Wonderful wishes! Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why.
MM: I’m a March baby, so I enjoy heading into spring and seeing the flowers bloom.

AT: Nice! Tea or coffee?
MM: Coffee, but the way I fix it its chocolate milk. But I do like a chai tea latte. 

AT: Yum! How can readers connect with you (share website and any social media links)
MM:
a. Facebook: www.facebook.com/AuthorMichelleMitchell 
b. Instagram: @AuthorMichelleMitchell
c. Twitter: @expbutterflies
d. Website: www.authormichellemitchell.com 
e. Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/AuthorMichelleMitchell 





AT: Any final words?
MM: Thank you and happy reading to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment