Wednesday, November 1, 2017

#WriterWednesday with Author DINA

Today's #WriterWednesday interview is with Author DINA. Let's learn all about her!!




AT: Where do you live? What’s your town’s claim to fame?
D: I live in Tampa, Florida; I was born and raised in Miami.

AT: What genre do you write?
D: Primarily, I write Christian/Inspirational Crime Fiction; however, I’ve written an autobiography and a book on Organizing.

AT: Wow, talk about diverse! Are you a published author or aspiring to be published? If published, how many books are out there with your name on them?
My books are published under Ink Trails Publishing. So far, I’ve published five books:
D:
1. Rewriting My Story (Bitter Root Series)
2. The Rage Within (Bitter Root Series)
3. Behind the Mask (Bitter Root Series)
4. Lost and Found
5. Out of Order: A Practical Guide to Organization




AT: I've head the pleasure of reading some of your work! What inspires you to write?
D: Normally, I’d say “everything,” but as of late, the memory of my mother has encouraged me. She was such a great supporter of my work.  When she passed away earlier this year, there was a piece of me that went with her. I’d lost my inspiration. But now, the memories of her smile whenever I released a new book push me to continue in my path as a writer.

AT: That's beautiful! Name one book you wish you’d written.
D: Anything by Brenda Jackson.

AT: Good choice. After all, she is the queen. What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
D: The last book I read was Developing the Leader Within You by John C. Maxwell. Everyone should read this book at least twice!

AT: Will definitely check it out! Who is your favorite author? Why?
D: It is hard to narrow this list down to one, so I’ll be a little vain and state that my favorite author is DINA! I think my stories are riveting, inspiring, and take my readers on a ride that is sure to have them wanting more.

AT: Nothing wrong with loving your own work! Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why?
D: I’d be “flame-of-burnt-brandy” which was actually a color in 1821. It’s a mixture of lavender grey, pale yellow and dark lilac. The complexity of this color beautifully reflects my personality – a little dark, a little bright, and a whole lot of fun!

AT: Wow, so cool! What would your autobiography be called?
D: Although I’ve already written my autobiography, if I were to write a part two, it’s be titled What Just Happened!

AT: Nice! Do you believe in love at first sight?
D: No, but I sure do believe in lust at first sight.

AT: Lol, if a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes)
D: 1. To be on the NY Time Best Seller’s list  2. Marry the one I love
3. To be prosperous

AT: Nice wishes! Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why.
D: I’m spring. I consider this season to be the neutral one – neither hot nor cold. It also has a great deal of personality as it is filled with bright colors and life. 

AT: I'm a fan of spring, too! Tea or coffee?
D: Coffee

AT: Tell us about your most recent/current project.
D: Currently, I am writing what I believe will be the final book in the Bitter Root Series titled Londyn’s Fall: The Mask. Betrayal. Redemption. It’s a continuation of The Rage Within and Behind the Mask. Here’s snippet from Behind the Mask:



“Excuse me, Miss. You’ve dropped your handkerchief.” Londyn felt a tap on her left shoulder as the stranger with the smooth Texas drawl tried to get her attention. “Ma’am, here you go,” he continued, with a smirk plastered on his face.

He’s handsome, she thought. He stood out with this dark blue jean pants, a white collared shirt, designer boots, and a black jacket. But what made him stand out most was his Stetson hat.  This is a formal event!

“Thank you, sir,” she politely responded.

He then tilted his hat as a sign of acknowledgment of her genteel response. As she turned to leave, he offered her his hand. “I’m Keith Bentley. And you are?”

His name is just as appealing as his looks. “I’m Londyn, daughter of the bride,” she giggled.

“Well, congratulations. Your mother looks happy and lovely, but not as lovely as you.”

There was something about the way he said “you” that sounded eerily familiar, but she couldn’t put her finger on it. It didn’t matter. Londyn had no desire to get involved with anyone. Four years ago, she was brutally raped multiple times by the madman rightfully named Crazy Bill. She was eventually rescued, only to be told that she was pregnant and had to be treated for Chlamydia. Although she lost the baby, just the mere thought of once having the seed of that barbaric creature inside of her gave her chills. She wasn’t an advocate for abortions, but she had to admit she was happy that it didn’t survive. The result of this tragic period of her life caused her to go into a deep depression, but accidentally murdering her father sent her over the deep end. She didn’t mean to shoot him; the bullet had been reserved for the Angelica, her half-sister. But her father jumped in front of her, saving her life. Thankfully, her mother sent her to a secluded psychiatric oasis that helped her with the healing process. Also, with the love and support of her family, she’s gotten herself together.

Now, four years later, she owned her own fashion line, which was doing quite well. She’d also started a nonprofit organization providing support to survivors of sexual crimes. With her life in order, Londyn was a bit more open-minded about relationships general, but perhaps love was meant for everyone else – not her. Her brother, DJ, seemed to be happy with his wife of two years, Aleena. Even her mother had found love again. Although Nate was twenty-plus years younger than her mother, it was obvious that he worshiped the ground she walked on. Londyn just wished her brother could be supportive. His refusal to walk his mother down the aisle or sit with the family was proof of his unwillingness to support this union. Oh, well… that’s his problem. If her mother was happy, then so was she. Londyn believed that it was time her mother experienced true happiness.

“Hello, Earth to Londyn.”

Londyn’s face grew warm as she realized that Keith was asking her a question. “I’m sorry, what were you saying?”

He removed his hat and looked at her intently. “I asked if you’d do me the honor of dancing with me.”

My Lord, he looks good with or without the hat. But without the hat, she noticed his darting eyes. They were beautiful, intense, and…familiar.

“Do I know you from somewhere?” The question came out before she knew it.

He lifted his eyebrows clearly indicating his surprise by her forwardness. “I don’t believe so, darling. I don’t think I could ever forget such a beautiful face, if we had met before.”

Londyn turned crimson red as a result of the compliment. It was obvious to her and this stranger that she was attracted to him and enjoyed the compliments he willingly offered. Instead of retreating like she had done in the past, she decided to do the one thing she wanted to do with him – dance. “Mr...?”

“Keith. Call me Keith.”

“Keith, it would be an honor to dance with you.”

With a slower drawl, he replied, “Ma’am, the honor is all mine.”


AT: How can readers connect with you?
D: Readers are welcomed to visit my website, www.dinawrites.com or follow me in instagram, twitter, and facebook at worksbydina.

AT: Any final words?
D: My purpose in life is to uplift, inspire, and empower everyone I come in contact with. Whether it’s via my books, workshops, personal conversations, etcetera, I hope that I will make a positive impact in the lives of others. I challenge you to do the same. 

AT: I love it!!

1 comment: