Wednesday, November 8, 2017

#WriterWednesday with Author Venita Alderman Sadler

Today's author interview is with the lovely Venita Alderman Sadler. Scroll down and get the scoop!!



AT: Where do you live? 
VAS: Wake Forest, NC…. Originally from New Brunswick/Somerset, NJ

AT: Okay, what genre do you write? 
VAS: A Family of Secrets is Fiction: Drama and Mystery 

AT: I love a good mystery! Are you a published author or aspiring to be published? If published, how many books are out there with your name on them? 
VAS: I’m published. I have one full length novel, A Family of Secrets. 3 journals; A Bitter to Better Journey, A Pieces to Peace Journey and From Gloom to Gleeful Journey. I’m in 3 anthologies Daddy’s Girl in Turning Trials into Triumphs, Sister Grinch in All I Want for Christmas and Online Secrets in The Ex-Chronicles. 

AT: Awesome! What inspires you to write? 
VAS: I’m inspired by my family and friends. Music and poetry inspires me. I’ll throw in nature also, the flowers, trees and looking at the clouds. 

AT: Same for me! Name one book you wish you’d written. 
VAS: The first thing that came to mind was the dictionary. If only I knew every word in there.

AT: I like the way you think! What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it? 
VAS: Quagmire from Brian W Smith; it was my book club's June pick. Yes, I enjoyed the book. 

AT: Oh, I love his work! Who is your favorite author? Why? 
VAS: I have a few favorite authors. One of them is Jacquelin Thomas. I love the way her characters and the story line mesh together. Her latest book, Legacy, is a historical fiction book and when you read about the characters and the timeline, you’ll see what I mean. It’s a great book! 

AT: Definitely going to check that one out! Now for the fun questions! You’re a new addition to the crayon box. What color would you be and why? 
VAS: Olive. Because I like all shades of Green. 

AT: Nice! What would your autobiography be called? 
VAS: The woman whose Creativity was Unleashed.

AT: LOVE it! Do you believe in love at first sight? 
VAS: Yes, I fell in love with each of my kids as soon as I laid eyes on them. 

AT: Awwwwww! If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be? (can't ask for more wishes) 
VAS: For my kids to remain; healthy, happy and positive productive individuals. 

AT: Beautiful! Are you spring, summer, fall, or winter? Please share why. 
VAS: Fall. I like the changes you see during the transition. The chill in the air, the colors of the leaves. 

AT: Yeahm I'm a fan of fall, too. Tea or coffee? 
VAS: TEA! 

AT: No ambiguity there, huh? LOL. Tell us about your most recent/current project.  
VAS: Here's an excerpt from A Family of Secrets. I’ll share the Prologue… 



“Aauugh,” he screamed in agony.

“Shut up, you…” Possum yelled. “You lying, cheating, trifling, disgusting, ughhh...” 

Possum looked at her brand-new Magnum Bronze, Desert Eagle and decided to send two shots in his calves.

“Aauugh, why are you doing this to me?” Malik cried out in between grunts.
Possum could barely see her husband because of the tears in her eyes.

“Why? Did you just ask me why? You always did ask stupid questions.” She let off another shot while yelling “I hate you!”

She didn’t know how much more he was going to be able to take. She’d already put one in his thigh, one in each calf, and one in each arm. She watched as he bled out, screaming the whole time.   Then she began to wonder how she was going to clean up once it was done. 

She shook the thought away once she remembered all the crap he put her through. She stuffed his mouth with three-one thousand dollar bills that she took from his safety deposit box; each bill represented the next three victims. He groaned, prompting her to, stuff more hundred dollar bills in his mouth. She shot him one last time in the stomach.

“Die slow. You deserve it,” she said calmly before grabbing a chocolate chip cookie off the counter and walking out the door.

Possum never even realized that she was being watched the entire time. 


AT: Oh, dang! Now, that's an excerpt! How can readers connect with you?

AT: Any final words? 
VAS: Thank you for allowing me to participate on your Blog. 

AT: It was my pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment