Sunday, September 4, 2016

A #BeenSoLong Interview- Corey Sanders

In anticipation of the upcoming release of Been So Long 4 (CLICK HERE to pre-order), I'm posting a series of character interviews for your reading pleasure. First up is Corey Sanders. 

***WARNING: this interview contains major spoilers for those who haven't read the other books in the series!!!!***

Here goes!




Corey enters the room wearing a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. His clothes fit him well, maybe a little too well, because I find myself staring at him as he approaches me to shake my hand. I stand, and his huge hand engulfs mine. He's a hulking man with defined muscles that are clearly evident through his clothes. He is also very handsome. We take our seats and he smiles, revealing even white teeth.


Me: Well, Corey, how are you this morning?

Corey: Great, blessed to be here. How are you?

Me: I'm great. So good to see you. (Dang, he is fine!) So, let's get started. My readers have some interesting questions for you. Are you ready?

Corey: I'm always ready.

Me: (Somebody bring me a fan!) Okay, first question, How's your family?

Corey: (Relaxes in his chair) We're good. Living, loving, making it.

Me: Specifically, how's your wife, Mona-Lisa?

Corey: (Smiles) She's still Mona. She's hard to love, but I love her nonetheless.

Me: Inquiring minds want to know why you love her so much.

Corey: I honestly don't know myself. I just know I do. I love her with all my heart.

Me: Okay... here's a question from Arlisha Myrie: Are you still dealing with PTSD? If so, how are you coping with it?

Corey: (Straightens his posture and runs his hand over his neatly-cut hair) Well, yes... I'm still dealing with it. Um, I think it's something I'll always have to cope with, but with God's help I'm doing much better. I'm managing my anger. I'm proud of the progress I've made.

Me: I'm so glad to hear that! A lot of us were really worried about you.

Corey: Yeah... so was I. But God is good and faithful. He brought me through.

Me: Amen! How are you physically? Still recovering from your injury?

Corey: Oh, I'm healthy. Don't I look healthy to you?

Me: Hells, yeah! I mean, yes. You look great.

Corey: (Chuckles) Thanks.

Me: You are very welcome. Okay, Corey, here's another question from Ms. Myrie. How did you feel when you found out you actually fathered one of Mona's twins? Were you angry that it was kept from you for so long?

Corey: (Drops his head a bit, stares at his hands in his lap for a moment, then looks up at me.) To be honest, I was mad as hell. And at the same time, I was happy, grateful to know I had a child. I wanted to stomp a hole in Dr. Masood when Mona told me he knew all along, though, Shoot, I still want to beat him down for it. It was unfair as hell for him to do that to me! (Clenches fists) I almost missed out on Morgan's entire childhood. If he was here right now, I'd

Me: Um, I see you're still angry.

Corey: Angry? Naw, I'm way past angry. I'm saved but God's still dealing with me on that one. That was foul. (He mumbles something I can't make out and then rather abruptly stands from his chair and leaves the room.)

Me: (I sit there and wonder if I should leave, too. Like, is the interview over? I'm nervously looking over my notes when he returns. This time, Mona is with him and takes a seat next to him.)

Corey: Um, sorry about that.

Me: It's okay. Are you-are you ready to move on?

Corey: (Grabs Mona's hand) Yes, I am.

Me: Okay. Hi, Mona. Thanks for joining us.

Mona: (Rubs her free hand over her and Corey's joined ones) No problem. I'm here to support Corey. (Leans over and kisses him)

Corey: (Smiles.)





Me: Okay. Here's another question: (I clear my throat) Is it hard playing a fatherly role to Wasif's sons knowing Mona still loves Wasif? (I drop my eyes and brace myself)

Mona: (Gasps softly) Mutters: Oh, hell.

Corey: I love kids, always have, I've also always wanted a family. Mona gave me that and I'm thankful. Is it hard to love Blair and Sahib? No, they're great kids, respectful. And they love me as much as I love them. They make fatherhood easy. Say what you want, but Mona is a good mother and she raised the twins to be good men.

Me: (I smile.) That's beautiful.

Corey: Thanks. As for the second part of that question, about Mona loving Wasif

Me: You don't have to address that. (I don't want to witness another outburst)

Mona: (Looks like she wants to run from the room.) Thank God.

Corey: No, I'll address it. She loves me. I love her. That's all I'm concerned about.

Mona: (Seems to relax a bit)

Me: (Phew!) Thanks for sharing. So, Corey, can you tell the readers which of the books in the Been So Long series is your favorite?

Corey: I'd say the first one.

Me: Why?

Corey: Because that's when Mona and me reunited and became a family. I had been waiting for that for a long time.

Mona: (Leans in and whispers something in his ear)

Corey: (Flashes her a grin)

Me: All right, last question. What can readers expect from Been So Long 4?

Corey: Drama. What else?


Get caught up with the series before part 4 drops!!
Amazon: http://amazon.com/author/adriennethompson
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/adrienne-thompson


Order of the Been So Long Series:
Rapture
If
Been So Long
Little Sister
Been So Long 2
Been So Long III
September


Follow Me!!








5 comments:

  1. Yasssss! Team Corey! I love it!
    Nicole Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww that was cute. Can't wait for BSL4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corey should have beat Wasif down for that one! I woulda paid coin to see that! :) j/k. Love me some Corey! #TeamCoreyAllTheWay!

    ReplyDelete